Stefan spent 16 years at Amazon with roles including director of seller experience, director of seller strategy, and director of consumer shopping experience. Across this 2-part episode he discloses an array of fascinating insights on the inner workings of Amazon, how business decisions are made, and some great stories.
In this episode we discuss:
- How he fought the 1P/3P fight at Amazon
- How Amazon categories their different customers, and how they order them in importance
- What it means to get a ? email from Jeff Bezos, and why you’ll be calling your wife about it
- Examples of next level customer obsession internally
- How brands can look round corners to identify breaking points
- What he views as essential on an Amazon detail page, from his time leading that team
- What the team leader of A9 (Amazon’s algorithm) told him
LaunchPod is an ever-evolving educational platform and community ran by former Amazon employees. Members can leverage; condensed courses, live workshops, 1-2-1 consultations, mini-clubs, and an expert network when launching their Amazon businesses, to achieve sustainable success. You can find out more and grab a free trial here.